The World Heritage Committee,
1. Taking note of the report transmitted by the State Party,;
2. Commending the Brazilian authorities for their concerted effort in restoring the damage caused by the floods,;
3. Recognizing the need for integrated urban and environmental protection of the city centre of Goias to mitigate future impact of heavy rains,;
4. Requests, however, more detailed information, in particular concerning the construction of the road;
5. Further requests that a monitoring mission be carried out by ICOMOS to assess results of the restoration works carried out and impact of the integrated treatment, among which the road construction, under implementation;
6. Also requests the State Party to submit a detailed report to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 on the state of conservation of the property in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.