The World Heritage Committee,
1. Recalling decision 26 COM 21(b) 62 taken by the Committee at its 26th session in 2002,;
2. Notes with regret that the report on the state of conservation requested by the Committee from the State Party was not received in time for the examination by the Committee at its 27th session in 2003;
3. Regrets that the construction of the new Maya Devi Temple has been completed in spite of the grave concerns expressed by the Committee at its 26th session;
4. Reiterates its request to the State Party to provide information concerning the management mechanisms which ensure the protection of the World Heritage value of the property;
5. Requests the World Heritage Centre to organize a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS mission to assess the impact of the newly constructed Maya Devi Temple on the World Heritage value of the property as a whole;
6. Decides to examine the findings of this assessment mission at its 28th session in 2004;
7. Requests that a report on the state of conservation of the property be submitted by the State Party to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.