Decision : 39 COM 7A.30
Ancient City of Damascus (Syrian Arab Republic) (C 20bis)
The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-15/39.COM/7A,
- Recalling Decisions 35 COM 7B.58, 36 COM 7B.58, 37 COM 7B.57, and 38 COM 7A.12, adopted at its 35th (UNESCO, 2011), 36th (Saint-Petersburg, 2012), 37th (Phnom Penh, 2013) and 38th (Doha, 2014) sessions respectively,
- Taking into account Decision 39 COM 7A.36 on the World Heritage properties of the Syrian Arab Republic, adopted at its 39th session (Bonn, 2015),
- Commends the State Party for taking the necessary risk mitigation measures to protect the property;
- Decides to retain the Ancient City of Damascus (Syrian Arab Republic) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.