Ruins of the Buddhist Vihara at Paharpur (Bangladesh)
The World Heritage Committee ,
1. Having examined the state of conservation of the property, the progress made by the national authorities since the previous session of the World Heritage Committee, the findings and recommendations of the two UNESCO missions in October 2002 and February 2003,;
2. Expressing its appreciation to the State Party for having submitted the International Assistance requests to the Committee to enhance conservation and management of the property,;
3. Encouraging the State Party, the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to maintain efforts to plan and implement enhanced conservation of the property,;
4. Decides to defer inscription of the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger until the 29th session of the World Heritage Committee in 2005, in light of the findings and recommendations of the UNESCO missions and to permit the State Party to undertake corrective measures to reverse the negative work undertaken on site;
5. Requests the World Heritage Centre, UNESCO Dhaka Office, the Regional Advisor for Culture in Asia and the Pacific and the Advisory Bodies to provide technical support to the State Party in the implementation of the corrective measures;
6. Requests the State Party to provide to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004, a report on the progress made in implementing the corrective measures in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.
 Decision adopted without discussion.