27 COM 7A.10
Srebarna Nature Reserve (Bulgaria)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Notes that the management plan was submitted by the State Party on 25 June 2003;
2. Encourages the State Party to request, if necessary, technical assistance from the World Heritage Fund to urgently purchase a portable electric generator to enable rapid closure of the sluice gates in a potential emergency situation;
3. Urges the State Party to submit a calendar of activities for preparing a proposal for a transborder World Heritage area in the Danube Delta in co-operation with other concerned States Parties;
4. Decides to remove Srebarna Nature Reserve from the List of World Heritage in Danger;
5. Requests the State Party, IUCN and the World Heritage Centre to collaborate and discuss issues related to the implementation of the management plan and to provide a report by 1 February 2004 on the key management issues and in particular the results of the monitoring programme, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 28th session in 2004.