29 COM 18A
Working Methods of the World Heritage Committee
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Recalling its Decisions 28 COM 13.1 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004) and 7 EXT.COM 4B.1 adopted at its 7th extraordinary session (UNESCO, 2004),
2. Having taken note of the debate of the Working group on working methods which met at its current session,
3. Aware of the need to specify the submission modalities for the nomination of transboundary or transnational serial properties on the World Heritage List,
4. Confirms that, for the purpose of applying paragraph 17 a) of Decision 28 COM 13.1 and paragraph 3 of Decision 7 EXT.COM 4B.1:
a) The States Parties co-authors of a transboundary or transnational serial nomination can choose, amongst themselves and with a common understanding, the State Party which will be bearing this nomination; and
b) This nomination can be registered exclusively within the ceiling of the bearing State Party.
5. For the purpose of assisting the Committee in an adequate application of paragraph 17 c) ii) of Decision 28 COM 13.1, and recalling paragraph 12 of such Decision, invites the Advisory Bodies to submit at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006) updated or additional relevant studies and tools, including statistics, which take into account the results of the Special Meeting of Experts held in Kazan (2005).