Report on the World Heritage Emblem
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/17,
2. Recalling Decisions 26 COM 15, adopted at its 26th session (Budapest, 2002), and 7 EXT.COM 14, adopted at its 7th extraordinary session (UNESCO, 2004),
3. Takes note of the Annual Report on the uses of the World Heritage emblem, included in Document WHC-05/29.COM/17;
4. Further notes with satisfaction that the graphics of the World Heritage emblem, by itself, as well as the graphics of the emblem with the words in any language surrounding such graphics, are now adequately registered under Article 6ter of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property, thus offering protection to the emblem in the States Parties to the Paris Convention;
5. Requests the Director of the World Heritage Centre to report on new information pertaining to guidelines, procedures and visual representation of the UNESCO name and logo that may have a bearing on the conditions of use of the World Heritage emblem.