The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/12,
2. Recalling Decisions 7 EXT.COM 10 adopted at its 7th extraordinary session (UNESCO, 2004) and 27 COM 20B adopted at its 27th session (UNESCO, 2003),
3. Emphasizing that setting precise but realistic and measurable results and indicators is essential for effective performance appraisal and monitoring,
4. Takes note of the set of performance indicators described in Table 1 of the Document WHC-05/29.COM/12, which constitutes a framework for Performance monitoring with respect to the four Strategic Objectives set at its 26th session (Budapest, 2002);
5. Invites the States Parties and the Advisory Bodies to submit to the Director of the World Heritage Centre comments on document WHC-05/29.COM/12 by 1 December 2005;
6. Requests the Director of the World Heritage Centre to continue to develop and present a completely integrated Result Based Management (RBM) framework including the Thematic Programmes and to develop the corresponding performance indicators for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006), taking into account the debate at its 29th session (Durban, 2005);
7. Encourages the Director of the World Heritage Centre to seek appropriate funding for this activity and invites donors to provide financial support to this effort.