Decision : 29 COM 8B.45
Extension of Properties Inscribed on World heritage List (The Belfries of Belgium and France)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Documents WHC-05/29.COM/8B, WHC-05/29.COM/8B.Add 2 and WHC-05/29.COM/INF.8B.1,
2. Approves the extension of The Belfries of Flanders and Wallonia (Belgium) to include The Belfries of Flanders, Artois, Hainaut and Picardy (France), on the basis of the cultural criteria (ii) and (iv);
3. Also approves the minor modification to The Belfries of Flanders and Wallonia adding the Belfry in Gembloux, Belgium, on the basis of the existing criteria (ii) and (iv);
4. Notes the changing of the name of the property (including the Belfry in Gembloux), which as extended becomes: "The Belfries of Belgium and France";
5. Decides that the list of inscribed Belfries is hereupon closed.