Decision : 37 COM 7B.59
Historic Centre of Macao (China) (C 1110)
The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-13/37.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 35 COM 7B. 64 , adopted at its 35th session (UNESCO, 2011),
- Takes note of the progress made in addressing the continuing inadequacy of the current management system in providing effective protection of, and addressing potential threats to, the attributes that maintain the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
- Also takes note of the State Party’s efforts to establish appropriate legal and planning instruments to protect, inter alia, the visual linkages between the inscribed property and the wider urban landscape and seascape of Macao;
- Requests the State Party to finalise the Management Plan by 1 February 2015 in compliance with the new Macao Heritage Law, the correlated new Urban Planning Law and other legal and planning instruments, and to submit the plan to the World Heritage Centre, for review by the Advisory Bodies.