37 COM 7A.22
Ruins of Kilwa Kisiwani and Ruins of Songo Mnara (United Republic of Tanzania) (C 144)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-13/37.COM/7A,
2. Recalling Decision 36 COM 7A.19 adopted at its 36th session (Saint-Petersburg, 2012),
3. Notes with appreciation the progress made by the State Party in the implementation of the corrective measures and encourages it to continue its efforts, particularly in the approval and the sustained implementation of the management plan and the clarification of the boundaries of the property;
4. Requests the State Party to provide three printed and electronic copies of the draft revised management plan for review by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies;
5. Also requests the State Party to invite a World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission to the property to review the current state of conservation and evaluate whether the conditions for the removal of the property from the List of World Heritage in Danger have been met;
6. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2014 , an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 38th session in 2014;
7. Decides to retain the Ruins of Kilwa Kisiwani and Ruins of Songo Mnara (United Republic of Tanzania) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.
Original Decision Document
Context of Decision
Report on the Reactive Monitoring Mission to ...