Decision : 31 COM 7B.122
Fortifications on the Caribbean Side of Panama: Portobelo-San Lorenzo (Panama)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 28 COM 15B.118 and 29 COM 7B.94, adopted at its 28th (Suzhou, 2004) and 29th (Durban, 2005) sessions respectively,
3. Urges the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Committee a comprehensive progress report of the state of advancement of the interventions implemented, and foreseen, in the framework of the World Monuments Fund project by 1 February 2008;
4. Reiterates its invitation to the State Party to submit a request for International Assistance, in particular to support the development of a management plan for the World Heritage property;
5. Thanks the Spanish Government for undertaking the American Fortifications Programme and thanks the Government of Mexico for its offer to assist technically the Panamanian authorities in improving the state of conservation of the property through bilateral cooperation assisted by the World Heritage Centre.
6. Requests the State Party to submit the territorial planning project mentioned in the report by 1 February 2008;
7. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre a progress report by 1 February 2008 for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.