Cologne Cathedral (Germany)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 29 COM 7A.29 and 30 COM 7A.30, adopted at its 29th (Durban, 2005) and 30th (Vilnius, 2006) sessions respectively,
3. Notes with satisfaction the urban planning consultation process undertaken for the development of the Deutz area and recalls the need to take into account the recommendations of the Vienna Memorandum on World Heritage and Contemporary Architecture, Managing the Historic Urban Landscape (2005);
4. Takes notes that a buffer zone, including the right bank of the river, has been proposed, and urges the State Party to submit it officially in accordance with the Operational Guidelines by 1 February 2008;
5. Also urges the State Party to present details of appropriate protective measures for the buffer zone;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre an updated report by 1 February 2008 on the final decision concerning the proposals of urban development in the Deutz area for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.