Stonehenge, Avebury and Associated Sites (United Kingdom)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.88, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Commends the national authorities for having improved the protection of archaeological sites by reversion of arable to grassland;
4. Requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with the approved project for the visitor centre, and encourages the State Party to advance the implementation of the visitor centre in order to preserve and improve the integrity of the property;
5. Regrets that there has been no progress made in the implementation of the “A303 Stonehenge Improvement” scheme, and urges the State Party to find an appropriate solution compatible with the outstanding universal value of the property;
6. Requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with a detailed report by 1 February 2008 on progress made in the selection process of the “A303 Stonehenge Improvement” scheme, for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.