Revision of the Operational Guidelines
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-12/36.COM/13,
2. Recalling Decision 33 COM 7.1, adopted at its 33rd session (Seville, 2006),
3. Taking note of the adoption of the Recommendation on the Historic Urban Landscape by the UNESCO General Conference at its 36th session in 2011,
4. Acknowledging the need to mainstream the methodological approach related to the above-mentioned Recommendation in the Operational Guidelines,
5. Invites the Director of the World Heritage Centre to convene an expert meeting, in consultation with the Advisory Bodies, to reflect upon and propose appropriate revisions of the Operational Guidelines, in that regard, including its Annex III, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 37th session in 2013;
6. Taking into account the inscription of the propertyRio de Janeiro: Carioca Landscapes between the Mountain and the Sea (Brazil) on the World Heritage List at the present session, welcomes the offer from the State Party of Brazil to host the aforementioned meeting in Rio de Janeiro, with the support of the UNESCO Category 2 Regional Heritage Management Training Centre “Lucio Costa”.