29 COM 8B.10
Nominations of Natural Properties to the World Heritage List (Mbaracayu Forest Nature Reserve )
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Documents WHC-05/29.COM/8B, WHC-05/29.COM/8B.Add 2 and WHC-05/29.COM/INF.8B.2,
2. Decides not to inscribe Mbaracayu Forest Nature Reserve (Paraguay) on the World Heritage List on the basis of natural criteria;
3. Commends the State Party of Paraguay, and in particular the Bertoni Foundation, for its innovative management and protection efforts at the property, as an example to follow in achieving the effective and professional management of protected areas in the Latin America region;
4. Encourages the State Party, in consultation with the States Parties of Argentina and Bolivia, to consider options to prepare a nomination that would focus on the values of the Chaco region, including the development of an appropriate Tentative List;
5. Also encourages the States Parties of Argentina and Brasil, in consultation with the State Party, to consider the possible extension of the World Heritage properties of "Iguazu National Park" and "Iguaçu National Park" to the Mbaracayu Forest Nature Reserve.