The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-11/35.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 33 COM 7B.73, adopted at its 33rd session (Sevilla, 2009),
3. Notes with satisfaction the continuing efforts made by the State Party towards the rehabilitation of the property in accordance with the Action Plan prepared in 2007 and the steady progress being made;
4. Thanks the Director-General of UNESCO for having launched immediately after the volcanic eruption of Mount Merapi of Central Java in Indonesia, the emergency safeguarding operation, with the primary objective of rehabilitating the surrounding areas of the property and of enhancing and promoting the livelihoods of affected local communities, via their involvement in the rehabilitation of the cultural tourism and creative industry sector in the region;
5. Encourages the State Party to conduct further research on the structure of the Siva Temple, such as onsite monitoring, seismographic studies, periodic monitoring of data analysis, before any major restoration work is agreed or undertaken;
6. Strongly recommends that minimum intervention be considered to retain the authenticity of the property;
7. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2013, a report on the state of conservation of the property with information on the progress made in the implementation of the above-mentioned Action Plan and the recommendations adopted by the April 2011 Working Group Meeting for the Safeguarding of Prambanan Temple Compounds, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 37th session in 2013.