Historic City of Meknes (Morocco) (C 793)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-11/35.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 34 COM 7B.61, adopted at its 34th session (Brasilia, 2010),
3. Takes note of the information provided by the State Party and appreciates the magnitude of the actions implemented to safeguard the heritage of the Historic City of Meknes;
4. Requests the State Party to take into account the recommendations of the expert who visited the Berdieyinne Mosque in April 2010 and those of ICOMOS in its 2011 evaluation, in view of the implementation of the restoration project of the mosque;
5. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre as soon as possible the overall philosophy and general guidelines of the project missing from the submitted document for consideration by the Advisory Bodies, and a revised project respecting the original materials and preserving the authenticity of the structure, for review by the Advisory Bodies before the commencement of work;
6. Further requests the State Party to continue to regularly inform the World Heritage Centre of the work undertaken and the progress made in the completion of a conservation plan and in the establishment of the local Safeguarding Agency.