The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-11/35.COM/7B.Add,
2. Considering that the lack of legal protection of most of the Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park (CdVNP) poses a significant threat to the Outstanding Universal Value of the property,
3. Expresses its serious concern that the legal framework protecting 72% of CdVNP, the larger component of the Cerrado Protected Areas is no longer in effect;
4. Requests the State Party to continue its work to reinstate the legal protection regime of the property in its entirety;
5. Takes note of the commitment of the State Party to re-establish the legal framework for the protection of the area inscribed on the World Heritage List in a timely manner;
6. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2012, a report on the state of conservation of the property and on the re-instatement of legal protection of Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 36th session in 2012.