The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-11/35.COM/7.1,
2. Recalling Decisions 30 COM 9, 32 COM 7.1, 33 COM 7C and 34 COM 19 adopted at its 30th (Vilnius, 2006), 32nd (Quebec City, 2008), 33rd (Seville, 2009) and 34th (Brasilia, 2010) sessions respectively, and the provisions for buffer zones established in the Operational Guidelines,
3. Notes the progress made with the wide range of issues relevant to World Heritage and buffer zones including the publication on "World Heritage and Buffer Zones" (World Heritage Papers 25), and considerations within discussions on "World Heritage and sustainable development";
4. Further notes that threats originating outside the World Heritage properties and beyond buffer zones may have adverse impacts on the Outstanding Universal Value of properties and therefore encourages States Parties, together with the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, to take into account the recommendations of the «International Expert Meeting on Buffer zones» (Davos, Switzerland 2008) as provided in the detailed report of the meeting and its publication;
5. Also encourages States Parties to refine and put in place relevant legal tools or management plans concerning the conservation of properties and management of buffer zones.