29 COM 7B.61
State Historical and Cultural Park “Ancient Merv” (Turkmenistan)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.67 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Congratulates the State Party of Turkmenistan on the efforts made in terms of reinforcement of the legal protection, elaboration of a management plan and coordination of activities undertaken by different international teams;
4. Encourages the State Party to consider applying for International Assistance under the World Heritage Fund for the organization of training activities;
5. Requests the State Party to regularly report to the World Heritage Centre on the progress achieved on the protection of the property, especially as regards the management plan, which is currently being elaborated.