The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.60 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Recognizing the importance of the territorial dimension of heritage conservation and heritage-based development, as developed in the Scheme for Coherent Territorial Development (SCOT), notably to mitigate the development pressure on the World Heritage property,
4. Reiterating, however, its concern over the capacity of the national and local authorities to continue enforcement measures for heritage protection in a sustainable manner, particularly to maintain the vital function of the Maison du Patrimoine without dependence on external aid,
5. Encourages the State Party of Lao People's Democratic Republic to seek national measures to raise funds for conservation;
6. Requests the State Party to regularly report to the World Heritage Centre on the progress achieved in the implementation of the "Plan de Sauvegarde et de Mise en Valeur" and the SCOT, as well as on other conservation issues in the core protected area.