Ibiza, Biodiversity and Culture (C/N 417rev)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 33 COM 7B.41, adopted at its 33rd session (Seville, 2009),
3. Notes the results and recommendations of the joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/IUCN reactive monitoring mission to the property carried out in November 2009 and encourages the national and local authorities to keep taking the appropriate management measures for the benefit of the property;
4. Also notes the State Party report and the detailed comments from the Balearic Port Authority on the recommendations of the reactive monitoring mission report;
5. Urges the State Party to immediately inform the World Heritage Centre of any unexpected or adverse impacts that occur during the dredging and requests the State Party to undertake and report on appropriate mitigation and monitoring measures during and after the work on the port in order to avoid any significant negative impacts on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
6. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2011, a detailed report on the state of conservation of the property and the status of the harbor reorganization project, including information on how the key recommendations arising from the reactive monitoring mission have been addressed, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 35th session in 2011.