Isole Eolie (Aeolian Islands) (Italy) (N 908)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 32 COM 7B.18, adopted at its 32nd session (Québec City, 2008),
3. Takes note of the comprehensive information provided on the progress in addressing the previous decision of the World Heritage Committee, and welcomes the achievements towards the establishment of the National Park for the Aeolian Islands, and the preparation of a management plan for the property;
4. Notes the reported progress in addressing the actions requested by the World Heritage Committee in its Decision 31 COM 7B.24 and requests the State Party to ensure full completion of the restoration projects that have commenced or are being planned;
5. Also requests the State Party to transmit copies of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) for the restoration projects and other projects that could affect the property, to the World Heritage Centre, in line with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines, and to ensure that the Outstanding Universal Value of the property is considered in EIAs for any proposals for port developments at Lipari;
6. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2012, a report on the state of conservation of the property including progress with the establishment of the National Park and the completion of restoration projects within the property.