34 COM 7B.15
Gunung Mulu National Park (Malaysia) (N 1013)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 33 COM 7B.16, adopted at its 33rd session (Seville, 2009),
3. Welcomes the report of the State Party regarding the means by which local communities are being involved in the management of the property, through both governance arrangements and within the staffing of the property as well as the State Party's confirmation that it has no plans to implement dam projects that could affect the property;
4. Also welcomes the reassurance of the State Party regarding the resolution of remaining land claims in the area, and notes that these relate to land outside the boundary of the property, and that they do not appear to be adversely impacting on the effective management of the property;
5) Also requests the State Party to keep the World Heritage Centre informed regarding significant developments with respect to the above issues, considering the requirements of Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines, and to give particular attention to these issues in their contribution to the periodic reporting process.