The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 14B.26, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Commends the State Party of India for the positive initiatives taken to strengthen the conservation of the property since its inscription on the World Heritage List in 2004;
4. Requests the State Party to establish the following:
a) a site-management entity with full management authority for decisionmaking on property, answerable to the Archaeological Survey of India, and provided with all the necessary financial support and expertise; and
b) a management plan developed with full involvement of the established management authority, and built around the Statement of outstanding universal value, to ensure the integrated conservation of the property.
5. Requests the State Party to submit a report on the progress achieved in the implementation of the above-recommendations to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2007, for examination by the Committee at its 31st Session (2007).