The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.54 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Congratulates the State Party of China for its efforts to protect the urban historic fabric of Beijing surrounding the Imperial Palaces of the Ming and Qing Dynasties by defining an extended larger area as buffer zone of the property;
4. Requests the State Party to provide information concerning the plan to construct a new building within the courtyard of the Imperial Palace;
5. Recommends that a joint reactive monitoring mission be dispatched by the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS in order to assess the actual impact of the restoration works on the outstanding universal value of the World Heritage properties in Beijing, i.e. the Imperial Palaces of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, the Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace, and to make appropriate recommendations for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, before 1 February 2006, a progress report on the achievements made to update the existing management plan of the Imperial Palaces of the Ming and Qing Dynasties in Beijing as well as detailed maps indicating the buffer zone of the property with supplementary information on the characteristics and authorized uses in the buffer zone, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).