Decision : 34 COM 10B.3
Progress Report on Periodic Reporting in Europe and North America
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/10B,
2. Recalling Decisions 30 COM 11A.1, 30 COM 11A.2, 31 COM 11A.1, 31 COM 11 A.2 and 32 COM 11D adopted at its 30th (Vilnius, 2006), 31st (Christchurch, 2007) and 32nd (Quebec City, 2008) sessions respectively,
3. Takes note of the follow-up activities to the first cycle of Periodic Reporting exercise in Europe and North America and the results of the sub-regional meetings for Nordic, Western and Mediterranean Europe;
4. Thanks the Irish authorities for having hosted the follow-up meeting for the Western European region in 2009 in Dublin, the Portuguese authorities for having organized the follow-up meeting for the Mediterranean sub-region in 2009 in Tomar, the Swedish authorities for having hosted the follow-up meeting for Nordic and Baltic Europe in Stockholm in 2009, as well as the Israeli authorities for having organized the follow-up meeting for the Mediterranean sub-region in 2010,
5. Welcomes the offer of the Czech authorities to host a meeting for Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe in 2011; the offer of the Estonian authorities to host a meeting for the Nordic-Baltic region in October 2010; the offer of the Maltese authorities to host a meeting for the Mediterranean region in 2011; and the offer of the authorities of the Netherlands to host a meeting for the Western European Region in December 2010; and encourages cooperation and sharing of knowledge between the European sub-regions.
6. Requests the States Parties, to submit the required retrospective Statements of Outstanding Universal Value to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2012, in order to ensure the preparation of the second cycle of the Periodic Reporting; and notes with concern the workload connected with this request in relation to the resources of the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies for processing the Retrospective Statements of Outstanding Universal Value as it is crucial for the States Parties to have them approved on time.
7. Also requests the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to prepare a progress report on the follow-up to the European Periodic Report exercise and on the preparations for the next cycle for Europe and North America for examination at its 35th session in 2011.
- Second Cycle of Periodic Reporting in Europe 11-Jun-2015