The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.32 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Expresses satisfaction with the progress made by the State Party of Brazil on the state of conservation of the World Heritage property and on the preservation of the values for which the property was inscribed; as well as with progress made in interagency cooperation and international cooperation with the Argentinean authorities;
4. Commends the State Party for its co-operation with the surrounding communities noting that significant progress has been made in forging meaningful partnerships with various stakeholders;
5. Notes with concern the need for sustained financing of the property especially relating to ongoing programmes with communities and encourages the State Party to seek international assistance of the World Heritage Fund and extrabudgetary funding in addressing these needs;
6. Also notes with concern the existence of plans for the development of a hydroelectric dam with significant potential impacts on the World Heritage property and urges the State Party report on its intentions with regard to the dam and hydropower projects in the region;
7. Requests that the State Party continue to provide update information on the conservation status of the property and to submit a report to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2006 for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).