Danube Delta (Romania)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev;
2. Recalling its Decision 24 COM I.21 adopted at its 24th session (Cairns, 2000);
3. Notes with concern the information on the Bystroe Canal project located in the Ukrainian part of the transboundary UNESCO Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve (Romania/Ukraine) and its potential impact for the Danube Delta ecosystem, and the World Heritage property of the Danube Delta (Romania);
4. Requests the authorities of Ukraine to fully respect the Convention, in particular Article 6.3 and not to take any action to threaten the values and integrity of a property located on the territory of another State Party to this Convention;
5. Further requests both States Parties of Romania and Ukraine to provide to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2006, an updated report on the existing navigable canal systems and proposed projects in Danube Delta, covering the territory of both States Parties and dealing with the totality of the threats as well as on transboundary collaboration regarding the conservation of the property, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).