Belovezhskaya Pushcha / Bialowieza Forest (Belarus/Poland)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.20 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Commends the States Parties of Poland and Belarus for the preliminary efforts undertaken in attaining joint co-management of the property and inclusive consultative processes;
4. Encourages both States Parties to continue the ongoing efforts on joint cross border initiatives;
5. Urges the States Parties of Belarus and Poland to adopt open participatory processes that involve all relevant stakeholders;
6. Requests the States Parties of Belarus and Poland to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2006, a report on the state of conservation of the property, including levels of logging, trends over time, and conversion of primeval forests to plantation for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).