The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Having taken note of the serious threat posed by disasters on the conservation of World Heritage and of the very negative impact that disasters may have on perspectives for sustainable development and poverty eradication of communities living around affected World Heritage properties;
3. Strongly encourages the States Parties to the Convention to act swiftly with a view to integrate concern for heritage within their overall policies and operational mechanisms for disaster mitigation, and to develop appropriate risk-sensitive Management Plans for the World Heritage properties located in their territories;
4. Requests the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to take into account the recommendations of the Kobe Thematic Session on “Risk Management for Cultural Heritage” in the elaboration of the strategy on riskpreparedness to be examined by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);
5. Strongly encourages the international donor community to provide support to programmes aimed at the strengthening of risk management at World Heritage properties.