The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined document WHC-10/34.COM/15,
2. Noting that paragraph 241 of the Operational Guidelines sets a deadline for submission of Emergency Assistance requests to the World Heritage Committee,
3. Also noting that the need for such an assistance is by definition unpredictable,
4. Decides that the deadline for submission of Emergency Assistance requests to the World Heritage Committee will be deleted; and,
5. Requests the Secretariat to modify paragraph 241 of the Operational Guidelines accordingly.
6. Also decides to approve the following request:
Chile: Emergency repairs of the Matriz Church and other buildings in Valparaiso, for an amount of US$ 140,688, under the Emergency Assistance category, for priority interventions on the Matriz Church, the Guillermo Rivera Building, the Meyer Building and the Building in Bustamante Street, between Marquez and Valdivia Streets.