The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29. COM/7A,
2. Recalling Decision 28 COM 15A.20 taken at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Commends the State Party of Yemen on the progress it has made over the past year in halting illegal constructions,
4. Regrets, while appreciating the adoption of the urban development plan, that it does not integrate the urban regulations drafted for the historic core nor the conservation plan;
5. Strongly urges the State Party to complete and adopt the Conservation Plan;
6. Encourages the State Party to define, in cooperation with the World Heritage Centre, an action plan for the socio-economic revitalization of the city, thus helping in the safeguarding of the heritage, in implementing the recommendations of the Stakeholders’ Meeting for the safeguarding of the historic town of Zabid (Yemen, 13-15 December 2004);
7. Requests the State Party to submit, by 1 February 2006, a report on progress made in the implementation of the above recommendations, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).
8. Decides to retain Historic Town of Zabid (Yemen) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.