Decision : CONF 008 XIV.42
Requests for Technical Co-operation
42. The Committee approved the following requests for technical cooperation:
Costa Rica - Talamanca La Amistad Reserve: $40,000
The Committee noted that $20,000 of this amount concerned training activities.
Panama - Darien National Park: $27,000
The Committee decided not to support the construction of park guard stations within the Park as it was considered that this activity should be covered under the national counterpart contribution.
Sri Lanka - Anuradhapura: $28,000
The Secretariat informed the Committee that the Sri Lankan authorities had previously submitted a request for a total of $42,000, of which $28,000 had been identified for priority activities.
Zaire - Salonga National Park: $28,000
International Assistance (4)
- Improvement of infrastructure, implementation of the management plan and training activities for Talamanca-La Amistad Reserve. (1985 / Costa Rica)
- Improvement of infrastructure, environmental education programme and rural extension activities in Darien National Park. (1985 / Panama)
- Equipment for the Archaeological Laboratory of Anuradhapura (1985 / Sri Lanka)
- Equipment and financial contribution towards the development of a management plan for Salonga National Park (1985 / Democratic Republic of the Congo)