Decision : 28 COM 15B.106
28 COM 15B.106
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Taking note of the progress report transmitted by the State Party (Decision 27 COM 7B.102),
2. Expressing its serious concerns about the state of conservation of the property and lack of adequate management, planning and conservation mechanisms,
3. Urges the State Party, once again, to consider and implement the recommendations of the 2002 World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS mission and to submit a request for International Assistance under the World Heritage Fund to this end;
4. Requests the World Heritage Centre to develop, in close consultation with ICOMOS and the Venezuelan authorities, a programme of action, including assistance in changing the current political scope into a more technical one, in creating awareness of the cultural-historic importance of the property, in establishing a community-based participatory conservation process, and in seeking additional funding for conservation activities, and to undertake, in cooperation with the State Party, a joint World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS Reactive Monitoring mission to the site to assess whether the property meets the criteria for inscription on the List of World Heritage in Danger;
5. Requests the State Party to submit, by 1 February 2005, a report on the progress made in the implementation of recommendations, which together with the joint World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS Reactive Monitoring report will be considered by the Committee at its 29th session in 2005.