33 COM 7B.147
Rainforests of the Atsinanana (Madagascar) (N 1257)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B.Add,
2. Expresses its utmost concern about the increase in illegal logging as well as other illegal resource exploitation in the Marojejy and Masoala National Parks, which are part of the serial property "Rainforests of the Atsinanana", which might affect the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
3. Takes note of the action plan that was developed by the Madagascar National Parks Board to address these threats and urges the State Party to ensure its urgent implementation;
4. Calls upon all State Parties to the Convention to ensure that illegal timber originating from Madagascar is prevented from entering their national markets;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2009, a detailed report on the state of conservation of the property, in particular on the impacts of illegal logging on Masoala and Marojejy National Parks as well as a report on the implementation of the action plan and other measures taken to address the threats from illegal logging and other threats, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.