28 COM 15B.21
Pirin National Park
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Recalling its decision to defer the inscription of Pirin National Park on the List of World Heritage in Danger until its 27th session (26 COM 21 (b) 2), with decision on this to be based on an assessment of the State Party's response to the UNESCO/IUCN mission report (Decision 27 COM 7B.15) and noting the results of the joint UNESCO/IUCN mission of February 2004,
2. Regrets that the State Party did not adopt the final management plan by the end of 2003 as requested (Decision 27 COM 7B.15) and urges the State Party to adopt this plan at least by the end of 2004;
3. Welcomes the co-operation of the State Party in addressing some of the issues, including the submission of an international assistance request for a potential extension of the World Heritage property;
4. Requests that the State Party implement the specific recommendations of the 2004 UNESCO / IUCN mission concerning the state of conservation of the property, its management, its zoning and the establishment of buffer zones and improved communication;
5. Further requests the State Party to provide a detailed report on actions taken to respond to the recommendations of the 2004 mission report, as well as a clear map showing the boundaries of the property by 1 February 2005, for examination by the Committee at its 29th session in 2005.