City of Vicenza and the Palladian Villas of the Veneto (Italy) (C 712 bis)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.113, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Notes with appreciation the submission of the final management plan of the property and the activities towards its implementation;
4. Notes with concern the advanced stage of the highway project, and urges the State Party to submit as soon as possible the revised plans to ensure that they are in line with the recommendations of the joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission of 2005;
5. Requests the State Party to halt the project until an assessment of the revised plans has been made to ensure that they are in line with the recommendations of the joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission of 2005;
6. Also requests the State Party to submit, to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, an updated report on the implementation of the project of the A31 motorway Valdastico-South for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.