The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 32 COM 7B.82, adopted at its 32nd session (Quebec City, 2008),
3. Notes with appreciation the reduction in planned height of the tallest of the structures planned for the Vienna Central Train Station project from 100m to 88m;
4. Regrets that the State Party did not provide the requested comprehensive visual impact assessment of the entire project, and that there was no visual impact assessment used as a basis for determining the appropriate height for the planned building;
5. Strongly urges the State Party to carry out the comprehensive visual impact assessment of the entire project, as requested by the World Heritage Committee at its 32nd session;
6. Requests the State Party to halt any building permission for this project until the visual sessment has been reviewed by ICOMOS so that the project would not have any negative impact on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
7. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property including the visual impact assessment requested above for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.