Aflaj Irrigation Systems of Oman (Oman) (C 1207)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.68, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Acknowledges the details of the legal protection now in place for all aspects of the property;
4. Notes the considerable progress that has been made in putting in place a well-researched framework for the development of the management plan, in promoting wider understanding of the value and attributes of the property, in involving local communities and their expertise in working towards sustainable management, and in supporting the restoration of Aflaj channels and their associated buildings;
5. Also notes that the management plan is due for completion in the near future;
6. Requests the State Party to provide three printed and electronic copies of the completed management plan to the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies.