The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 32 COM 7B.22, adopted at its 32nd session (Quebec City, 2008),
3. Notes the progress reported in the state of conservation report submitted by the State Party on enhancing the management of the property and in responding to the recommendations of the 2007 World Heritage Centre/IUCN reactive monitoring mission;
4. Notes with concern that the proposed Altai gas pipeline remains a threat to the property and requests an unequivocal confirmation of the decision to abandon the development of this project or any variant of it that could imply crossing the property;
5. Urges the State Party to take effective measures to stop the illegal hunting and other illegal activities, whether or not linked to tourism development, which are affecting or could potentially affect the values and integrity of the property;
6. Requests the State Party to provide clarification on existing or proposed plans for tourism development in the Ukok Quiet Zone National Park that could lead to the construction of a highway via the Ukok plateau;
7. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010 a report on the state of conservation of the property in order to clarify the issues noted above, as well as on further progress achieved in implementing the recommendations of the 2007 World Heritage Centre/IUCN reactive monitoring mission.