Decision : 28 COM 15A.30
Chan Chan Archaeological Zone (Peru)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Noting the information on the state of conservation provided by the State Party,
2. Urges the State Party to finalize the legislative procedure for Draft Legislation n° 3807 and to inform the Committee of the appropriate measures taken to relocate the squatters;
3. Invites the State Party, once again, to consider requesting International Assistance under the World Heritage Fund to identify appropriate remedial measures;
4. Requests the State Party to submit a progress report on the measures being applied to reduce the impact of the rising water levels in the aquifer of the property by 1 February 2005, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 29th session in 2005;
5. Decides to retain the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger.