Decision : 32 COM 7B.92
Cologne Cathedral (Germany) (C 292 rev)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 30 COM 7A.30 and 31 COM 7B.110, adopted at its 30th (Vilnius, 2006) and 31st (Christchurch, 2007) sessions respectively,
3. Notes the submission of a buffer zone including the east bank of the river and recalls the need to take into account the Outstanding Universal Value of the property and its integrity for any further development in the buffer zone;
4. Takes note that an urban planning consultation process for the development of the Deutz area took place in 2007, and urgesthe State Party to provide further information prior to taking a decision concerning the future development of this area;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, a detailed report on the progress concerning the proposals of urban development in the Deutz area.