Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras (Philippines)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Notes with satisfaction the progressive implementation of the activities foreseen under the Emergency Assistance project approved by the World Heritage Committee at its 25th session in 2001;
2. Compliments the State Party on its renewed efforts to address the challenges faced by the property, especially with regard to irrigation, road developments and agricultural management;
3. Notes with appreciation the concern of the State Party to involve local communities and stakeholders in every stage of the conservation and management processes, and its dedication in raising awareness among younger generations on the outstanding universal value of the property;
4. Strongly encourages the State Party to explore possibilities for developing sustainable eco-tourism opportunities within and around the property, and to seek all possible national and international funding for that purpose;
5. Requests the State Party to submit the final revised Master Plan, containing amongst others, measurable targets and benchmarks, as well as a strategy for mobilizing funds and international support for future conservation of the property, to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2005, for consideration by the World Heritage Committee at its 29th session in 2005;
6. Decides to retain the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger.