The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 30 COM 7B.56 and 31 COM 7B.67 adopted at its 30th (Vilnius, 2006), and 31st (Christchurch, 2007) sessions respectively,
3. Regrets that the State Party has not submitted the report requested by the World Heritage Committee at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007), without which it is not possible to assess the progress of activities at the property;
4. Strongly urges the State Party, if it has not already done so, to finalise and adopt the management plan taking into account the recommendations of the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS, and to establish the necessary legal and administrative framework for its implementation;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2009, the adopted management plan in three printed and electronic copies and a detailed progress report on its implementation, the legal framework and administrative structure, as well as the souk project, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.