Medina of Essaouira (Ancient Mogador) (Morocco) (C 753 rev)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.47, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Takes note of the encouraging measures taken by the State Party and requests that the actions undertaken be continued with a view to cleaning, securing and restoring the Mellah quarter, and restoring the wall that faces the Atlantic;
4. Invites the State Party to remain vigilant and carry out continued monitoring of the property, especially the control of demolition and new construction, to preserve its Outstanding Universal Value;
5. Also requests the State Party to complete a management plan adopting an integrated approach and to submit it in three printed and electronic copies to the World Heritage Centre before its implementation, for examination by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies.