The World Heritage Committee,
1. Commends the State Party for its decisions to postpone the completion of the vehicular bridge until the by-pass road is constructed, and to consider the vehicular bridge to be temporary, pending the identification of a long-term solution within the comprehensive site management plan Hampi management plan, as well as for implementing other recommendations of the UNESCO Mission of 2003;
2. Stresses its concern for the need of local community participation in the decision making process for the conservation and management of the property, and its involvements concerning local development;
3. Invites the State Party to strengthen efforts to enhance better coordination and dialogue among different national and local stakeholders;
4. Encourages the State Party to finalize the comprehensive site management plan, as soon as possible, in consultation with the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies (ICOMOS and ICCROM) and with other national and local stakeholders;
5. Recommends the State Party to establish a technical unit with appropriate capacity to support the Hampi World Heritage Management Authority, to ensure building control and community advisory services for conservation;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the Secretariat by 1 February 2005, a progress report on the state of conservation of the property, notably on issues concerning the construction of the by-pass road and the bridges, for examination by the Committee at its 29th session in 2005;
7. Decides to retain the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger.