Decision : 32 COM 7B.28
Giant's Causeway and Causeway Coast (United Kingdom) (N 369)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.27, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Takes notes of the detailed report provided by the State Party on the developments concerning the visitor centre and improved planning processes and management of the property;
4. Welcomes the involvement with stakeholders in implementing the decisions adopted by the World Heritage Committee at its 27th (UNESCO, 2003) and 29th (Durban 2005) sessions and the recommendations of the 2003 joint World Heritage Centre / IUCN Reactive Monitoring mission to build a new visitor centre and notes that planning permission was not granted for a private investor development proposal;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, an update report on the situation of the planning and design for the visitor centre, for review.