The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.4, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Notes the progress of the States Parties to improve the institutional arrangements for managing and protecting this transboundary property;
4. Notes with concern the challenges and threats to the integrity of the property, in particular from urban development, increasing tourism numbers, invasive species, and insufficient funds to implement the joint management plan;
5. Calls upon the international community to offer financial and technical support for the implementation of the joint management plan and related programmes, including research and monitoring, and actions to ensure land use compatibility within the property;
6. Requests the States Parties to continue their joint efforts to implement the Institutional Framework and Legal Cooperation, Tourism Development, and Resource Conservation Programmes;
7. Also requests the States Parties to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property, including progress in identifying funding to implement the joint management plan and related programmes, and in addressing the threats and challenges facing the property, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.